Hey, are you searching for ICT Policy 2072; for your exam preparation or any research purpose here Computer Operator MCQ Teams Prepare the Vision, Mission and Objective of ICT Policy 2072.
Table of Contents
Vision of ICT Policy 2072
To transform Nepal into an information and knowledge-based society and economy.
Mission of ICT Policy 2072
To create conditions for the intensified development and growth of ICT sector as a key driver
for Nepal’s sustainable development and poverty reduction strategies.
Objective of ICT Policy 2072
1. To empower and facilitate Nepal’s participation in the Global Knowledge Society.
2. To transform Government service delivery regime by promoting transparency, efficiency, inclusiveness and participation through effective utilization of information and communication technologies
3. To promote ICT to further productivity among the sectors that is key drivers of the national economy.
4. To foster efficient, inter-operable, secure, reliable and sustainable national ICT infrastructure in alignment with grass-root needs, and compliant with regional and international standards.
5. To promote research and innovation on the role of ICT on the resilience of low-income communities amid potential environmental, economic and social shocks
6. To further streamline clear strategies and obligations for licensed ICT service providers with respect to universal access/service goals and Quality of Service (QoS) and ensure cost- effective connectivity to ICT services such as Internet, E- Commerce and E-Government services;
7. To promote cost-effective and qualitative last-mile access technologies for providing secure access to internet including commercial and public information services, eGovernment applications by communities (including the disadvantaged and physically challenged) especially in rural and underserved areas;
8. To create easily accessible, affordable and innovative public access points under a comprehensive e-Community/ Village network initiative;
9. To create a favorable environment for cooperation and partnership in ICT among public and private sectors, civil society, and between all stakeholders at local, national, regional and international levels.
10. To increase the institutional capacity along infrastructure and human resource dimensions in public and private educational institutions including schools, colleges/ universities that offer ICT courses and use ICTs for pedagogical purposes;
11. To create a conducive environment for increasing annual enrolment and output of students in key professional skills areas such as telecommunications/electronics engineering, computer science/IT, etc. and promote market driven skills development initiatives in ICT;
12. To deploy ICTs at all levels of Nepali educational system in order to improve educational outcomes while expanding access to education and training facilities.
13. To support local and indigenous content development as well as applications targeting the capturing, archiving and dissemination of local and indigenous knowledge, content and information resources as well as the promotion of diverse linguistic and cultural heritage of Nepal;
14. To facilitate the participation of youths and women in ICTs particularly in media and content development initiatives;
15. To address gender-based inequalities and promote gender-sensitive measures to encourage the active participation of women in national and community-based ICT initiatives.
16. To promote the use of free and open source software as well as open standard in software development for government agencies.
17. To create an innovative, market responsive, highly competitive and well regulated ICT industry.
18. To promote joint venture initiatives for local entrepreneurs with international private investors in the provision of public ICT goods and services in order to catalyze the growth of the sector.
19. To help develop ICT business incubators and promote start-up projects in close coordination with the private sector through the creation of a supportive eco-system.
20. To create a favourable business environment and promote Nepal as an attractive destination for ICT-related investments, especially in the area of IT-ITES/BPO, within the region and on the international market;
21. To restructure the ICT market and technological base with a view to making the ICT sector a significant contributor to the social and economic development of the country.
22. To create conditions for intensified roll-out of national telecommunications infrastructure backbone as a way to expand broadband based ICT services across the country.
23. To ensure an integrated, coordinated and synergistic approach towards the development and deployment of ICTs including other supporting physical infrastructure such as electricity and transport infrastructure;
24. To minimize duplication and costs through infrastructure sharing among public and private sector investment projects and to create an efficient and cost-effective Government-wide communications network infrastructure linking national, provincial and district administration;
25. To facilitate regional economic integration by utilizing regional and international telecommunications infrastructure projects and Asian Information Superhighway infrastructure initiatives.
26. To safeguard public sector information and investment against negative impacts of deploying and using ICTs.
27. To promote a stable, fair and competitive investment climate to facilitate the development of e-Trade and E-Commerce activities in the country;
28. To develop a highly competitive ICT industry capable of serving as the engine for driving Nepal’s active participation in global trade;
29. To facilitate the adoption of E-Commerce especially by SMEs in agriculture, tourism, and manufacturing as well as non-traditional exports to ensure productivity and growth;
30. To increase the competitiveness of farmers in production, processing and marketing of agricultural products and services through the effective and outcome oriented utilization of ICTs;
31. To promote the development of ICT entrepreneurs at SME level as part of the rural agro-business industry development and strengthen the development, application of ICTs in agriculture.
32. To improve communication systems across the country especially in areas of touristic interest to support tourism development in the country
33. To use ICTs in the documentation, promotion and effective marketing of the full potential of Nepal’s world class and niche tourist destinations to the local, regional and international market;
34. To ensure that all ICT related activities have very minimal negative environmental impact during construction, operation and disposal/de-commissioning;
35. To conserve natural resources and safeguard Nepal’s heritage using ICT tools.
36. To support the development of mid-to-long term basic planning that provides policy direction and tasks for e-Government.
37. To support formulation of development strategy for ICT converged services to support and plan for mid-to-long term resolution for overcoming the digital divide.
Download ICT Policy 2072
Please Read Check The Following link it may help you !!!
Computer Operator Quiz click here
Computer Operator Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) click here
Introduction to ASCII and Unicode click here
National Examination Board (NEB) Computer Operator Preparation Premium check here